- Polka Dog
Hand-Rolled Cod Skin
Affectionately known as "dog crack," these treats are one of our favorites! The cod used to make these crunchy sticks is wild caught in season by local fishermen on small boats in Alaska. It is then hand-rolled and slowly dehydrated in a Boston kitchen to create this savory, healthy treat. This unique dog chew is an excellent source of pure protein but also contains fatty acids which are an essential part of a dog's diet. In recent years a good deal of research has been conducted into the health benefits of omega fatty acids for dogs, and specifically on those omega-3 acids found in fish oils. Fish from deep cold waters, such as those surrounding Alaska, are especially rich in these acids.
- Reduces inflammation and therefore can alleviate arthritis, bowel conditions, skin conditions and degenerative brain diseases.
- Reduces blood pressure and cholesterol, which may prevent heart problems.
- Regulates and boosts the immune system.
- Slows the development and spread of some cancers by inhibiting the enzymes that play a role in how cancer cells survive and spread in the body.
- Improves the health of your dog’s skin and coat.